Wednesday 12 October 2016

Living with less stress part 3


Ready for some more tips on living with less stress? Here are 5 more tips for a stress free life.


Use your time wisely

No-one can focus 100% of the time all day long. Give yourself a set number of hours to complete your task and use the pomodoro method. Task complete? Use any extra time to do something to make you happy. Not done yet? Go do something to make you happy and work on it again tomorrow. The world will not collapse I promise.

Make your meals efficient

I buy all my groceries once a week. This requires a meal plan (which I write on our blackboard so I don't forget and my partner doesn't have to ask whats for dinner every day) and some logical thinking. Meals with a lot of fresh produce are planned at the beginning of the week, meals with a lot of canned goods or produce with a long shelf life at the end of the week. This saves me a lot of stress trying to decide what to eat when I'm already hungry and/or don't have enough time.


Make a copy of important documents

Drivers license, passport, diploma's etc. Copy that shit and keep it somewhere safe. This way you will always have a copy on hand if an employer needs one or when you have lost one.  

Anticipate your needs

I know, I know, you are too young to start taking a little tupperware bowl with fruit with you. Do it anyway. Always cary some little snack because a hungry person is a stressed person. Also, cary some tissues, a mild pain killer and (if you are a woman) some feminine hygiene products. Never let yourself get in a situation where you are hungry, in pain and there is no ffing toiletpaper in this shithole of a place. I have been there, it is not fun. Also, if someone else is in that situation, you could help and score major Karma points.

Repair everything that doesn't work properly

Don't let your stuff become junk. Owning a lot of junk is unnecessary stress. Repair everything you can repair yourself and take the rest to someone who can. Simple.

Missed my previous tips? Find them here:
Part 1
Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment