Saturday 21 March 2015

Project 33 wardrobe basics spring 2015

Since my last project 333 I have been working on my basic items. Today I will show you all my 23 basics!




The first time I did project 333, getting my wardrobe down to 33 items seemed like an enormous task. How would I ever survive with just 33 items to choose from?! 
Now, almost a year later, project 333 is still an enormous task and I was starting to dread the moment I had to choose 33 items. This time however, not because 33 items are so few, but because 33 items just seems like a lot. So last capsule I made a plan for basic items that could stay in my wardrobe year round, and I have been perfecting this part of my wardrobe. 

I now have 23 items in this collection. This means that I only have to choose 10 seasonal items every capsule change. Phew, 10 items doesn't sound like a lot of work! Nice.
Simplifying my life has made me re-evaluate how I spend my time. What is important? I can tell you, my outfits are not that important. I like to be comfy, be able to move around and still look sort of put together. My basics are all easy to wear and practical for my life. Time to lay out the goods for you!

My first project 333, I laid all my stuff on my bed. I did this again today with just my basics and it had the same powerful effect. Powerful how?! Well, seeing all these clothes laid out on my bed made me realize I have a lot. I have enough.



I still struggle with not buying clothes because they are cute and trendy. My brain keeps telling me I need those clothes and I keep telling my brain I don't. I have enough. I will not be a better/more fun/prettier person with trendy clothes. I am enough. I don't need more stuff.

Well, enough philosophical talk, lets review my basics! 


Shoes

First Up, my shoes. I made a change here. I swapped my high boots with heels for a new, more practical pair. I can actually walk more than a mile in these and they go with everything. Best of all? They are waterproof! Perfect for year round Dutch weather.




Coats and scarf

No change here. As I've explained before, Dutch weather is unpredictable and it is not exceptional to need my winter coat in August or a lighter coat in December. The scarf still goes with everything and is equally accessory and practical.


Jackets/vests

I've decided to store my short black woolly vest. I love it, but I don't wear it as often as I should. The problem is that the thing needs to be hand washed and ain't nobody got time for that. It was an expensive item though so I am not ready to donate it just yet. 


Sweaters

The fleece sweater in my last capsule has been moved to my cold day lounge clothes. It was just not easy to mix and match it with my clothes. So in the after winter sale, I bought two basic black v-neck sweaters. A chunky warm one and a basic one. Perfect for winter days or cold evenings. 


Pants

If you've read my other project 333 articles, you know I LOVE dresses. However, on a day to day basis I wear jeans. They are simply more fitting to my active outdoor lifestyle. So four pairs to fit my need/mood/body at any time will do. 


Long-sleeves

Dutch weather can be hot/warm/cold/freezing at any moment. My long-sleeves are the thing I wear most days. On their own or under a vest or sweater. I have five in all different colors. I would like to replace them over time for five black ones to fit with everything every time. 


Short-sleeves

For warmer days or layering purpose, four t-shirts. I replaced the plain colored shirts I had in my winter capsule for a v-neck black one I already had and a new white v-neck. The superhero shirt is actually a boy shirt *blush*. Why are boy clothes ALWAYS far more comfy and cool than girl clothes?!

Now the observant reader might question where my sunglasses went. I was so proud to finally have space in my wardrobe to start including more accessories and I would have included it still. But somehow, sunglasses seem to run away from me the first chance they get. I lost them and I haven't found a pair to replace them yet. So for now, I will have to do without them.

There, 23 basic items to love and to cherish. To have and to wear in good days and bad. If I had to, I could easily live with just these. 
I must say, having a decent basic capsule gives me more space mentally. These are the really important items in my closet and need to be replaced/fixed when broken. These are the items I wear day after day with love and ease. 

What items can't you live without?









    



No comments:

Post a Comment