Saturday 13 September 2014

Project 333 Autumn edition


I can't believe it has been over 3 months ago I started project 333.
I also can’t describe the joy it has brought me. I no longer feel the need to buy new clothes all the time and I spend way less time getting ready in the morning.

Today I am sharing with you my project333 2.0 fall edition.

Now for good honesty’s sake, I will confess my sins first. Yes I cheated. Due to an unexpected job interview, I took a dress from my storage. Didn’t get the job (didn’t want it either) and I didn’t wear the dress after. I also did not wear all the clothes in my capsule. *shudder* *I’m sorry*
On the brighter side, I am discovering my style! Do I have a style? Guess I do. I have been wearing my little black summer dress with my bright floral leggings as soon as they came out of the washing machine. I LOVE this outfit. I am also wearing it while building my fall capsule. You know, as a sort of farewell party. Until next spring!

Lovely, #nomakeup.

The list

First, my list. I didn’t hold much to it the last time, let us see how I fared. I think I will become better at this in time.



Pants

First up are the pants. I get to choose three, I only choose two. I could hold on to my summer jeans but I feel a darker comfy pair would suit me better for fall. So I keep my dark chino’s and some black jeans and put a comfy pair of pants on my shopping list.



t-Shirts

Next up are my t-shirts. I have already donated a white shirt from my summer capsule because it was falling apart. I decided to donate another plain dark blue shirt. For my capsule I am keeping two printed shirts and I am storing the rest for spring.



Longsleeves

Now for the long sleeved shirts, I am donating three I don’t wear a lot. A printed wolf shirt I like, but don’t love and two turtlenecks. Turtlenecks don’t look pretty on me.
I capsule three basic shirts in fall colours (purple, black and green) and two beige thermal shirts. Nice and neutral.




Sweaters

I just don’t love my hoodies enough. Sigh. They are too cute and comfy to donate, but I just don’t wear them on a day to day basis. So I boxed them up and capsuled a pretty blue fleece sweater.




Dresses and skirts

Oh my nemesis. I LOVE all my dresses! But I gave myself a very strict five so here we go. Because I loved my little black dress with bright leggings so much, I capsuled two little black dresses. I also capsuled the blue dress I wore for my interview. It really is a pretty, versatile and comfy dress. I capsuled my mini skirt and my favorite dress, a pretty floral dress with an oriental neckline.




Leggings

I gave myself room for three leggings. Of course a goes with everything black one and this time two printed ones to wear with my two black dresses. Yay!



Shoes

I never seem to have the right shoes. I was looking forward to wearing my tall dark boots again, and my wannabe cowboy booties and sneakers with furry insides. But now I have all shoes with heels. I decided to put some plain ballerina’s on my shopping list.




Coats

The coat was simple. I didn’t get to wear my new coat due to a very warm summer, which is unheard of in Holland. Very un Dutch.




Scarves

I was thinking of buying a new scarf but I discovered the cute stripy one. My green cowl is also a very loved item in fall.




Jackets and vests

I gave myself room for five, yet only capsuled four. A black wooly vest, a black blazer with floral lining (LOVE that one), a long printed vest and a plain dark brown one. I thought I could swap the space for a new printed legging I have been ogling for months now. It depicts a scene from Alice in Wonderland with Alice and the Chesshire cat.




Hats

This left me with hats. I have hoarded cute hats and decided to donate one I don’t even like. Then I picked two of my most fall-y hats. The fox ears and my purple slouchy beany. It has sequins and in can cover all my hair comfortably while in an updo.





Shoppings
Now on my shopping list were a comfy pair of pants, some simple flats and perhaps a new legging. Unfortunately my budget is a bit tight at the moment and I really need a new jacket for my running. So I have bought a lovely pair of dark stretchy paints and some plain flats and decided to reward myself with a dress from my storage as the 33rd piece.



So here it is! My 33 piece fall masterpiece. I love it.



Did you change your wardrobe for fall yet?



2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! I would have to walk around in the same pants and shirt 3 months just to be able to put all my shoes in capsule ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a project 333 with just shoes then? I know you have more than 33 pairs ;)

      Delete