Sunday 21 December 2014

Project333 Winter 2014


Project 333 is going so well for me, I have decided to take a new step in simplifying my wardrobe.
I am going to work with a basic wardrobe of 24 items which I will work with all year round. Still holding on to a limit of 33 items means I can supplement it with 9 seasonal items.
Today I will show you which items will make up my basic collection and which items will be my winter add-on's.



First of all, why am I doing this? Simple, I am a lazy person.
Picking 9 items to capsule is much easier than reviewing my entire wardrobe every season.
These 9 can be replaced easily and move with trends I love. Project 333 does not have to mean you don't go with trends or statement pieces are out of the question.

The 24 items that will be my basics get used all year round, so it will be useful to replace them with good quality items when they are at the end of their life.
They also need to mix and match with each other. I still need to work on that.
Mind you, my wardrobe is still far from ideal or complete, but I am taking this one step at a time.

Lets start with my basics.
I made a list of all my year round accessories and came up with these 24:

4 pairs of pants 

 These are currently the only pants I have. They all fit me and they are easy to match with my sweaters etc. And yes they are wrinkly, I do not iron them. Ain't nobody got time for that!


5 long sleeved t-shirts

The basics of very basics. I wear these with everything. I wear them often, I wash them often so I have to replace them often. I might consider replacing them with more neutral colors once these lose their shape.


4 short sleeved t-shirts

The printed two are my favorite. I plan on replacing the plain ones for more neutral colors once the weather permits me to wear t-shirts again.


A sweater

Basic, keep me warm year round fleece sweater. The color suits me very well. This puppy has been in my closet for several years now and keeps very well. I might just be wearing this one until I am grey and old. 



3 pairs of shoes

Now it gets tricky. Dutchy weather can be unpredictable. Warm in winter, cold in summer. Most likely I will be relying on seasonal shoes most of the time. None the less, these pairs are basics I wear most seasons. In the future, I plan on replacing the boots for a more sturdy pair without heels.



A pair of sunglasses

You never know when the Dutch sun will shine. On the rare occasion it does, my eyes get very scared and need these.


3 vests/jackets

These get used like a coat on warmer days, or get paired up with items to make them warmer for winter. The blue one also assists me on very cold days when I go running.

2 coats

I have decided to just keep my two coats in my capsule year round. Dutchy weather is so unpredictable I either miss one of them or need none of them. To be safe and have the options, I keep them both. 


A scarf

I decided I do not need a separate winter/summer scarf. This one keeps me warm enough under my coat in winter and is pretty enough on its own in summer. 


So these are my basics from now on. They might get updated to better suit their life as key elements in my wardrobe but for now they work well enough/

I still have 9 spaces left in my capsule for seasonal items. For this winter I decided on:

Fluffy sneakers

These keep my feet warm and are super comfy.


Fluffy boots

For when my sneakers are not warm enough.


Fox sweater

This one might not last that long, it was cheap and is poor quality. I love the cute little foxes though.


Mister snowman

I am considering taking off the snowman accessories so it is just a fluffy white vest. This one keeps me super warm.


Bulky vest


Easy throw on vest. Makes all my outfits instantly better suited for a cold day.


Hat

The white goes great with everything. I love the super bulky yarn, it looks good and keeps my head perfectly warm.


Floral dress

My favorite item in my closet. This dress is very festive and pretty yet still comfy.


Knitted dress

Warm and comfy. This is a go to outfit in winter. I pair it with some jeans and a long sleeved shirt.


Purple knitt dress

If you look closely, you can see the ajour hearts knitted in the top. This is a very festive and warm dress.



I can't believe I am at my third capsule wardrobe already!
It has saved me tons of time and money because I now know for sure I do not need new clothes. I simply don't have the space in my capsule. 



  




No comments:

Post a Comment