Sunday 20 March 2016

Project 333 Spring 2016


Daylight is increasing, the sun shines more and more and tiny specks of green are popping up in the garden. Even though it is still cold, spring is definitely around the corner. Today I will show you which items I will be my spring capsule for 2016!







Ballerina's

My basic black ballerina's go with everything. Though they are beginning to bald a little. I may have to replace them after this season.



Blue dress

Oh my lovely blue dress. It does not look much on the hanger (my ironing skills are terrible) but I always get compliments when I wear this bright and happy item.  


Flower skirt

I must have mentioned this before, but I made this skirt with loads of help from my mom. Good memories all around. Spring is also the season of my birthday and this skirt has been a favourite birthday outfit for some years now.


Circle vest

This sleeveless vest was made by my mom, who has the exact same vest in a different color and even made another one for a friend of hers. I love the color and it is such a pretty way to cover up a bit more in chilly spring weather. 


Marvel t-shirt

This t-shirt was actually a mens t-shirt, but fits me perfectly. This t-shirt is a favourite with some jeans for a very casual look.


Blush nude dress

This pretty feminine dress signals spring like nothing else for me. I love blush nude, though I find I do not wear this color often. I must make a point this spring to wear this dress this season. What a perfect excuse for a lot of date nights.  


Slip-ons

I was looking to replace my ragget black sneakers with some fresh ones of the same brand. Cheap all star knock offs have been so easy to find and since I wear mine to shit pieces quickly since I live in them, I don't like to spend a lot of money on an item that is made of plastic and canvas. 
I actually wanted the high top ones again in bright pink, but my size was completely sold out. So online I went in the wonderful world of online shopping to look for a cheap alternative and found these.
Not high top, not bright pink and not even really sneakers. But my gosh I could not resist the print, and at a reasonable price, they just had to come home with to me. When they arrived I immediately unpacked them and put them on. I am wearing them right now while typing this and chances are I am wearing them when you read this. 


Light vest

I basically wear a t-shirt and jeans all day every day. When I'm cold I love the option of a vest. I put the big grey vest back in my clothing storage (shhhh, sleep) and swapped it for this shorter, airier, creme coloured vest.  


Basic white t-shirt

I have replaced my basic wardrobe t-shirts for black ones. An updated version of my wardrobe basics is coming, I promise. I just need to photograph everything which is hard since I wear everything all the time. 
Anyway, the flower skirt looks prettier with a white top, and white shirts do look lovely on jeans. I was planning at some point to wear white short sleeved t-shirts in spring and summer as a basic, but then I remembered I can not handle the responsibility of a white shirt on a daily basis #stainmonster. 


White blouse

For days where short sleeves are a little too optimistic, this white blouse will do excellent as a nice dressy white top. Both on jeans or on the flower skirt mentioned earlier.

So there you have it, my capsule wardrobe for spring this year. What will you be wearing when the warmer weather hits?

No comments:

Post a Comment