Saturday 27 June 2015

Project 333 summer 2015

With summer approaching, I have completed my first year of living with a project 333 wardrobe. I feel like I have a better sense of what I like to wear, actually wear and need now. 
Turns out, though I like them, I do not wear or need lots of dresses, shoes and accessories





I will be making a separate page for my wardrobe basics in the near future to keep up to date. I do need those items and I replace them immediately when they need be. 

Spring has been  the season of breaking shit. Among others, I broke my favorite jeans and my aztec vest. Full on, non repairable broken. The jeans ripped right along my butt. I couldn't even make a cut off short from it after that. The vest sleeves got caught somewhere and now have big holes I can not neatly repair. They are both moved to my donating/recycle bag. 


Wardrobe basics



I now have 23 items in my basics. 
3 pairs of pants
5 long sleeved shirts
4 short sleeved shirts
2 sweaters
3 pairs of shoes
1 pair of sunglasses
2 jackets
2 coats
1 shawl 

So 10 more items to choose from to complete my summer collection. 
I had originally planned to do this at the beginning of July, but Dutch weather decided to act like October with the occasional warm day. And when I had sorted out my collection, the weather was so terrible, I could not take pictures for almost a solid week. So here it is, loooooooooong overdue, my 10 items for summer.


2 tanktops

First of, two slightly translucent tanktops. One white, one black. Go with anything casual and breezy enough for those rare hot days.






1 little black dress

The basic of my wardrobe. Little black dresses go with everything. Always. Maybe not so well with camping trips or hiking, but ok. A little black dress is my go to outfit when I want to feel pretty but not too overdressed.




1 long dress

This long flowy red dress has a low(er) v neckline in the back and a high split on either side. It is a perfectly festive and sexy dress without showing too much.


1 butterfly dress


When it gets hot out, this is my favorite dress to wear. The butterfly print makes it cute and the dress is very flowy. 


1 flower legging

I am addicted to leggings. They cover me up when I don't want to show my bare legs under a dress, without stopping me from showing off my legs. And for all those haters who hate on printed leggings: I could not care less. I wear what I want and so should you.


1 blouse

This semi see through blouse is awesome. I have a terribly sensitive skin and I am actually mildly allergic to the sun. (vampire genes maybe?!). This blouse protects me from the sun without being too stuffy for sunny days. Also looks fairly dressy if I remember to iron it. 


1 vest

Goes with everything. The off white makes it endure my prone to stains lifestyle. This vest is breezier than my gray autumn/winter vest as the knitting is looser.  



1 pair of sneakers

These come off nicer in the picture than they are in real life. Ragged, old and holes are appearing. I will replace these next year for real before people start putting money in my coffee cup.  



1 pair of flip flops

These leather and fabric flipflops are holding up very nicely. I wear these mostly around the house since I can not ride my bike (how Dutch) or drive my car with them. 



I am hoping summer will last until the end of September, but knowing Dutch weather it could all be over soon and have me begging for my autumn clothes by August. If so, my basics will cover me thankfully. 
Having a well balanced closet makes my life so much easier. I have truly loved my first year of project 333 and I hope to continue this lifestyle for a long time.



What is your favorite outfit this summer? 









No comments:

Post a Comment