Saturday 8 March 2014

Books for planning my garden

So the last couple of days I have been planning my garden. I've had a lot of help from my gardening books:



The Girls Guide to Growing Your Own by Alex Mitchell

I love this book because it tells you what you need to do per season. On top of that, it gives instructions of growing the vegetables and fruits both in the ground and in containers. 
And as a bonus, it also gives you some fabulous recipes for tasty food and impressing your guests. 
(Yes I admit. I LOVED my boyfriends face when I came out of my garden with my own vegetables and presented him with a gorgeous tomato salad)


Practical Self sufficiency by Dick and James Strawbridge


Now to be honest, this has been my day dreaming drug since I bought it. I could live quite happily owning just this book. Seriously. This book is a practical guide to anything self sufficient. How to improve your house, raising farm animals, slaughtering chickens, making your own herbal remedies. I could go on all day about this book.
Now back to my gardening master plan. This book features a list of mandatory vegetables and I have decided to use this as a lead for my own plan. 



I have been buried in these two book for the last couple of days. Trying to figure out which greens to grow and how. 

Although it is still cold outside, spring has started in my mind. The first crocuses are starting to show and I cant wait to get started in my garden!

How do you prepare for spring?  Which books do you use for planning your garden?



No comments:

Post a Comment