Wednesday 5 March 2014

Growing more happiness

In my quest to a more wholesome happy life I have set some goals for myself. One of those is growing my own food. I have been growing some food for the last two years and I would love to eventually grow all my own vegetables and fruits.

I have a lot of reasons for this wish. The most important reasons are:
  1. Organic vegetables are proven to have more nutrients than vegetables that are grown with synthetic pesticides.
  2. Who wants pesticides on their food?!
  3.  I love the flavor of fruit that had been warmed by the sun.
  4.  I love walking into my garden and coming back with food.
  5. Reducing my grocery bill and being more independent.


Now I have to admit, my key weakness is going too fast. Wanting way too much too soon. Then it doesn’t work (because I do not have the knowledge and/or skill yet) so I fail or give up. Or both. Which leads me to feeling horrible and incompetent. Which isn’t helpful at all when you are trying to lead a happier life.

To prevent all these doom scenario’s, I will force myself to start slow and take baby steps. My first baby step will be making a proper plan.



So stay tuned for my master plan of homegrown food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment