Wednesday 26 March 2014

Finally getting started

After a visit to my local gardening store I was very impatient to start up some seeds and get the growing action started. 

 















Luckily, around this time of year, the Dutch version of the dollar store gets their spring so I was able to get myself a pretty cheap mini greenhouse. It is a basic plastic container type thingy that always feels so overpriced in gardening stores. I got mine for € 3, which translates to about $ 4.
















I consulted my growing plan and decided I would start up some brusselsprouts, summer squash, garden peas, and some sunflowers (I had some seeds left over from last year). I put them in little pots I had left over from buying my strawberries last year and watered them with my crazy elephant watering can. All that is left now is waiting for my little baby seeds to start forming baby plants.



Now all I need to do is relax, relish my spring feelings and suppress the crazy compulsion to check every two hours if my babies have sprouted yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment